We still have about a month of summer left, but with back to school on the horizon, it's time to start thinking about our fall wardrobes – even if we're well beyond the classroom! Today we are discussing a few tips to for transitioning your wardrobe from summer to fall with some beautiful fall-worthy pieces like this suede Chloe Hudson bag.
5 Tips for Transitioning Your Wardrobe to Autumn
- Shift back to neutrals with brown, orange, and red accent tones for warmth. Do away with your primary bright colors that are fit for summer, and instead start bringing back the simplicity of neutral hues with accents of brown, orange, and red for additional warmth. These hues always look great with your post-summer highlights and basics as well!
- Bring back the fall-worthy textures. Summer is the season of light cotton and linen, which means that a lot of our favourite pieces go un-loved over the season. With fall on the horizon, focus on bringing back your textured pieces such as your favourite leather jacket and suede handbag. Get ready for later fall and winter with your chunky, oversized knits.
- Invest in a great fall jacket. If you don't already have a favourite leather jacket, it's time to invest in one. We highly recommend opting for a shade and fit that is versatile to wear with both upscale dresses and casual denim.
- Style long dresses and skirts with a light scarf. Just because summer is ending doesn't mean you have to put away all of your dresses at once. Often fall remains sunny and warm enough to wear our longer dresses and skirts, and these can be transitioned to a more fall-appropriate style by simply styling them with a light jacket and scarf. Shop our design scarves here.
- Put away the open-toed shoes but keep the flats. Shoes say it all, and open toed shoes throughout fall will typically not do you much good. Therefore, put away the open toed styles and keep your closed-toe flats around for the remainder of the dry days ahead!
With these 5 tips in your back pocket, you'll find it much easier to transition your wardrobe from summer to fall – and then, gulp, to winter – in a flash. Shop our fall-worthy bags and accessories here.